Senate Transportation Committee
Tuesday, June 27, 2023 | 12 p.m.
Room 461, Main Capitol
- Nomination of Dr. Keith Leaphart as Commissioner to the PA Turnpike Commission – Testimony
- Immediately following the nomination hearing, the Committee will consider:
1. S.B. 851 – Langerholc and Flynn – Extends the sunset date of PennDOT’s temporary regulations for one year related to automated enforcement systems for overtaking school buses.
2. S.B. 748 – Argall and Schwank – Removes the sunset dates of automated speed enforcement systems in active work zones on Federal-aid highways under PennDOT and Turnpike Commission as well as Roosevelt Boulevard in the City of Philadelphia.
Amendment No. 1458 – Argall – Changes the overall effective date to immediately, except the $25 fine for a first offense is effective in 120 days.
3. H.B. 797 – B. Miller Codifies the maintenance of native vegetation in PennDOT’s right-of-way.