Senate Transportation Committee
Tuesday, June 22, 2021 | 10:00 a.m.
Senate Chamber (and Virtual Participation)
Meeting to consider SB 153, SB 759, SB 777, SB 783, HB 925, and HB 1390
- S.B. 153 (Langerholc): Increases the weight of electric powered trucks from 80,000 pounds to 82,000 pounds to accommodate the weight of the battery or battery back.
- S.B. 777 (Langerholc): Exempts the five newest model year vehicles from the emissions test, and removes the gas cap testing requirement for subject vehicles without a gas cap.
- S.B. 783 (Langerholc and Costa): Creates a two-year e-scooter pilot program under the micro- mobility pilot project in a city of the second class.
- Amendment No. 1943 (Langerholc): Clarifies the local control over the pilot program, adds red lamps to the rear of e-scooters, restricts e-scooters from highways and streets with a speed limit of 35 miles per hour or hour, inserts mobility as an evaluation criteria in the report, defines commercial electric scooter enterprise and requires financial
- S.B. 759 (Pittman): Designates the Specialist Five Timothy Rice Memorial Bridge in Indiana County.
- Amendment 1922 (Langerholc): Clarifies the sign shall only be on the northbound bridge.
- H.B. 925 (Borowicz): Designates the Petty Officer Stephen “Turbo” Toboz, Jr., Bridge in Clinton County.
- H.B. 1390 (Saylor): Designates the PFC James Joseph Criswell Memorial Bridge in York County.