HARRISBURG – Several Pennsylvania senators will be joining members of the No P3 Bridge Tolls Coalition, an organization against the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) Major Bridge Public-Private Partnership (P3) initiative, to voice opposition to the Wolf administration’s plan to toll interstate bridges in Pennsylvania, starting with the following nine bridges:
- I-78 Lenhartsville Bridge Replacement Project (Berks County)
- I-79 Widening, Bridges and Bridgeville Interchange Reconfiguration (Allegheny County)
- I-80 Canoe Creek Bridges (Clarion County)
- I-80 Nescopeck Creek Bridges (Luzerne County)
- I-80 North Fork Bridges Project (Jefferson County)
- I-80 Over Lehigh River Bridge Project (Luzerne and Carbon counties)
- I-81 Susquehanna Project (Susquehanna County)
- I-83 South Bridge Project (Dauphin County)
- I-95 Girard Point Bridge Improvement Project (Philadelphia County)
PennDOT’s plan proposes tolling to pay for bridge projects and has received an overwhelming amount of disapproval, including members of the General Assembly, other elected officials and Pennsylvania residents. The Commonwealth Court has temporarily halted PennDOT’s entire bridge tolling plan with a preliminary injunction.
Who: Sens. Wayne Langerholc, Jr. (R-35), chair of the Senate Transportation Committee, Scott Hutchinson (R-21) and Devlin Robinson (R-37), as well as the No P3 Bridge Tolls Coalition members and additional state and local elected officials.
What: No P3 Bridge Tolls Coalition Harrisburg rally.
When: Wednesday, June 8 at 10 a.m.
Where: Front steps of the Capitol Complex, 501 N Third St. Livestream will also be available on https://www.pasenategop.com/ and facebook.com/PASenateGOP.
The event is open to the public and media.
Contact: Nolan Ritchie (Sen. Langerholc)