Senate Transportation Committee
Wednesday, September 26, 2018 | 10 a.m.
East Wing, Hearing Room 8E-A
- S.B. 16 (Blake): Amends Title 75 (Vehicles) and creates “Shane’s Law” to immediately suspend a person’s operating privilege for serious DUI infractions.
- Amendment No. 9213 (Sabatina): Provides updated policy and technical changes to strengthen “Shane’s Law”.
- S.B. 110 (Sabatina): Amends Title 75 (Vehicles) to waive the duplicate driver’s license fee for veterans.
- S.B. 1084 (Stefano): Amends Title 75 (Vehicles) to reduce the vehicle registration fee for veterans.
- S.B. 1232 (Ward): Designates the J. Edward “Hutch” Hutchinson Memorial Bypass in Westmoreland County.
- H.B. 1811 (Rothman): Amends Title 75 (Vehicles) to regulate the government use of Automated License Plate Readers (ALPR).
- Amendment No. 9308 (Langerholc): Provides policy and technical changes, including the development of an ALPR grant program for local law enforcement.
- Amendment No. 9079 (Vulakovich): Amends Title 75 (Vehicles) to authorize Cities of the 2nd Class to issue parking tickets by mail.
- H.B. 1936 (Wentling): Amends Title 75 (Vehicles) to modernize the operation restrictions, mufflers, and sound control for ATVs and snowmobiles, as applicable.
- H.B. 2066 (Dowling): Amends Title 74 (Transportation) to designate the original National Road as a scenic road and not any rerouted portion of U.S. Route 40 in Southwestern Pennsylvania.